Based on a web page hosted by Tom Tugan that sadly passed away late 2017, and some help from Chris Groenewald, I will try to host a similar list on my website.
It will consist of active builder-websites and a breakdown of these into chapters. Since things changes over time some links may become dead – please advice me if you see dead links or links with other problems. And if you have updates – please give me a note and I will update these pages as soon as possible.
2020-07-22: Updated David Schilders website with new URL.
2020-07-24: Added Infinity Aerospace on the supplier list.
2020-07-27: Added a section with a complete material list from the plans.
2020-10-20: Added two new builders: Preston Kavanagh and Mark Rieger.
2021-03-23: Removed two canard forum links that unfortunately is dead now and added a link to COBA.
Breakdown by chapters:
Ch.1 Description & Introduction
Ch.2 Bill of Materials and Setup
Ch.3 Education / Composite Techniques
Ch.4 Fuselage Bulkheads
Ch.5 Fuselage Sides
Ch.6 Fuselage Assembly
Ch.7 Fuselage Exterior
Ch.8 Head Rest, Seat Belts
Ch.9 Main Gear, Wheels, Brakes
Ch.12 Canard Installation
Ch.13 Nose, Nose Gear, Brake Controls
Ch.14 Center Section Spar
Ch.15 Firewall (Section II)
Ch.16 Control System (Section II)
Ch.17 Trim System
Ch.18 Canopy & Turtleback
Ch.19 Wings, Ailerons, Wing Attach
Ch.20 Winglets and Rudders
Ch.21 Strakes, Fuel, Baggage
Ch.23 Engine, Propellers
Ch.24 Covers, Fairings
Material list by chapters:
I often find myself planning ahead for the next chapter without the plans available (since they lies in my “airplane factory” and I often are out travelling. I have scanned the material list from the plans so that I have access to them where ever I am. I have updated (with a red pen) the items that has changed in the newsletters.
Supporters and suppliers:
It is a big friendly builder-community on the net supporting the Cozy. Here are some of the other resources I use frequently:
- The unofficial Cozy builders website hosted by Marc J. Zeitlin. He is a great resource for the community!
- The Cozy mailing-list
- The Canard Zone forum
- The Canard Owners and Builders Association (COBA)
- Cozygirrrl. Randi and Chrissi produces most of the metal parts needed to build your Cozy (and other EZ’s as well). High quality! They are also behind the enhanced strakes – see their project page.
- Aircraft Spruce. The Aviation Superstore for All Your Aircraft & Pilot Needs.
- Infinity Aerospace. Supplier of the coolest stick grips available, as well as retracts for canards and a lot of other stuff.
- The Electronic Canard Pusher – Issues 1 through 82.